We work with industry partners of all sizes to maximise the impact of our research.
Through the power of collaboration, we combine expertise and resources and turn more discoveries into innovative tools, treatments and diagnostics to bring benefits to patients.
- Extensive and integrated research facilities, clinical infrastructure and expertise
- National and international world-class research teams
- Opportunity to evaluate new treatments, technology and therapies directly in NHS clinical settings
- Access to one of the largest and most ethnically diverse populations in Europe, with over 10 million people across the West Midlands
- Established relationships with communities, patients and the public to support studies and expertise in delivering equality, diversity and inclusion in research
Please note the figures and metrics discussed in this video relate to the previous round of BRC funding.
By working with us, industry partners can benefit from the integrated infrastructure put in place by Birmingham Health Partners. This is supported by outstanding resources and staff provided by University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Birmingham, alongside other strategic partners, which creates a fertile environment for engagement with industry.
We are a member of the Midlands Health Alliance (MHA), which facilitates collaborations between industry and leading investigators within the NHS.
Following our recent expansion, we also work with several new regional partners. This allows us to build on our previous successes, delivering new partnerships with synergistic strengths. We can also leverage new opportunities to accelerate research productivity, enhance patient involvement and increase regional economic activity, while also addressing global priorities.