Training and resources
We offer bespoke, face to face and online training sessions for members of the public and researchers wanting to develop their knowledge of public and patient involvement. Visit our Upcoming Events page for upcoming training sessions or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Learn key terms, why and how people are needed to be involved in research by watching ‘What is Patient & Public Involvement and Engagement in Research (PPIE)?’ from our presentation at the Midlands Health Alliance virtual conference March 2021 below:
To see more about and from the conference “Beyond COVID-19: New directions for public involvement in health and social care research in the Midlands”, please visit the Midlands Health Alliance website.
- Jargon buster: definitions of terms commonly used in public involvement in research
- Starting Out Guide – Why and how to get involved in research
- NIHR information for the public about getting involved in research
- NIHR interactive course for new and experience patient public reviewers
- UK Standards for Public Involvement
- PPIE Cost Calculator
- NIHR guidance on Plain English Summaries
- Guidance on payment for researchers and professionals
- Guidance on payment for members of the public
- PDFs on ‘Learning for Involvement’ for researchers and professionals
- PDFs on ‘Learning for Involvement’ for members of the public
- Sense about Science – Making Sense of COVID-19 Testing (public resource co-developed by Prof Deeks)