Celebrating PPIE in the Midlands virtual series
16-18 May 2023
The 2023 Patient & Public Involvement & Engagement (PPIE) virtual series, organised by the Midlands Health Alliance, focused on the impact that PPIE can have across the research infrastructure, how to share best practice, and to get a deeper understanding of the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) and other research landscapes.
*Please note this event has now passed – catch up via the webinar recordings on demand here.*
PPIE in Practice Workshop (for researchers)
Learning outcomes. After this workshop, you will:
- Understand the ethical considerations of doing PPI
- Know where and how to contact patients and members of the public
- Have defined the purpose and expected impact of the proposed PPI activity
- Know how to write role descriptions and adverts to recruit members of the public for PPI
- Understand more about working to UK Standards for Involvement
- Know what to think about when organising PPI meetings
Contact Laura.Chapman2@uhb.nhs.uk to find out more and book your place.
Online talks by advanced therapy treatment experts
June 2021 (recordings available on demand)
The Midlands and Wales Advanced Therapy Treatment Centre hosted four interactive virtual presentation sessions from a variety of clinicians and researchers. Following each talk there was an opportunity for patients to ask questions and find out more from the experts on hand.
Topics covered included:
- an introduction to cell and gene therapies
- advanced therapies used to treat liver disease, rheumatoid arthritis and different cancers
- pharmacy, logistics and a look to the future
Suitable to all and anyone with an interest in advanced therapies.
*Please note, this event has now passed – catch up via the webinar recordings on demand here.*